That might sound a bit pessimistic but I think it's beautiful. I can only speak to my own experiential lens since I have never been another person, but I know that I am at times weak-willed, frail, insecure, anxious, and beset by the futility of the daily human struggle in the face of insurmountable & global social injustices... But that's okay because everyone else has some unique measure of their own suckiness. Some of us are addicts. Other people have cognitive challenges, deal with social stigmatization, or think that being a rich, educated, white guy in a robe with a gavel somehow gives them the right to restrict women's access to healthcare while demanding that insurance cover boner pills, penis implants, and vasectomies... But I digress :)
Syndrome (yes I'm referencing The Incredibles; the movie was great, sorrynotsorry) submitted the idea that when everyone is super, no one will be. But if we accept that premise, then the inverse is also true: when we realize that everyone is horribly flawed, no one will be. Not that I agree entirely with the premise of the argument, but the thought is enough to give pause and I rather enjoy entertaining the idea... Which I now realize could make me sound awfully pretentious. I have the ability to reword or change it to avoid that but, in the interest of genuine stream-of-consciousness, I shan't (which is less about me using pretentious language and more about how "shan't" is just so much fun to say).
Long story made short (too late), we are all "cripples, bastards, and broken things." So maybe we could all (myself included) try and be a little more open to the idea that there are plenty of burdens being carried around by everyone around the world and maybe we could spend just a little more time decreasing world-suck instead of adding the the already daunting piles of negativity. Just thinking "out loud".
I appreciate this.
ReplyDelete